Lawrence E. Couey "Chip"
Product Marketing: Marketing programs, sales support, product line management, project management, events, web content, collateral, demonstrations, presentations, training, business partner relationships and joint marketing activities
Computer Sciences: Computer hardware, software, architectures, IT project management, Windows, Linux, Internet, networking, broadband, wireless, encryption, storage systems, Microsoft Office and Adobe applications
Digital Media Technologies: Digital video, audio, imaging, and graphics technologies, streaming, formats, CODECs, video servers, set top boxes, architectures, hardware and software, industry vendors
Xerox Corporation, Hot Springs, AR
Project Manager, 2006 - 2009
Xerox Imaging & Document Management Services - Project Management responsibilities, including the planning, development, piloting, and production rollout of new contracts and projects. Involves working closely with customer, Xerox account team, development, and production teams to understand the customer and project requirements, developing and implementing the project plan, through to handing the project over to the ongoing production team upon success of the project pilot.
· Implemented multiple solutions providing cost savings and streamlined operations for document processing, document management, workflow, and business process management.
· Project Manager implementing Medicare Part D and other medical insurance scanning/indexing solutions for a major health carrier, streamlining processing and online access to customer claims.
· Defined and implemented Internet-based digital delivery system for a leading online book seller, replacing the previous tape delivery system and providing a high performance online solution with significant savings of time and expense.
· Planned and lead planning sessions, meetings, and conference calls, and facilitated training sessions.
· Managed various internal IT projects optimizing systems, storage, and reporting.
· Xerox Imaging & Document Management Services in Hot Springs, AR provides a full range of digital imaging and document management services. From paper documents to photos, engineering drawings, digital faxes, and more, the facility handles hundreds of millions of customer images each year. Clients are worldwide Fortune 500 and government enterprises.
Visual Circuits Corporation, Minneapolis, MN
Enterprise Systems Marketing Manager, 2002 - 2003
Responsible for managing VCC enterprise products, services, and strategies through the technology adoption life cycle, and bringing the enterprise solutions to the marketplace and to the VCC distribution organizations (Alliance, Reseller, and Direct Sales).
Products include broadcast network management software, HDTV media players, and multichannel MPEG-2 playback network appliances. Markets include digital signage, private advertising networks, entertainment, and industrial display applications. Customers include Walmart, Best Buy, and Convergent Media Systems.
· Developed Market Requirements for a new enterprise Private Broadcast Network software/hardware - video/media scheduling and distribution product, involving market research analysis, product requirements, positioning, and competitive analysis.
· Developed extensive Marketing Plan for the product launch and rollout of above product.
· Developed and implemented marketing programs including demonstrations and trade show exhibits.
· Prepared marketing collateral including sales sheets, spec sheets, case studies, and presentations.
· Supported sales and business development personnel with customer planning, sales calls, and proposal generation..
Elastic Networks, Alpharetta, GA
Product Line Manager - Network Application Architecture, 2000 - 2002
Focused on all aspects of ensuring successful support and deployment of interactive multimedia applications on the Elastic Networks DSL product line. Applications include broadcast quality Video on Demand, IP Television (IP Multicast), Voice over IP, Video Conferencing, and other broadband applications for the telecommunications carrier, Internet Service Provider, and in-building Multi-Dwelling Unit and Hospitality markets.
· Led effort to test and demonstrate IP video and VOD over Elastic EtherLoop for Verizon that secured a multi-million dollar contract, and resultant shareholder value that led to the Paradyne Networks acquisition of the company in 2002.
· Engaged and maintained relationships with strategic partners in the IP video industry for product interoperability and joint marketing activities both within and outside the Elastic Business Partner programs. These included video encoder, video server, set top box, IP Television middleware, content provider, and voice over IP vendors.
· Developed and maintained a state of the art demonstration facility highlighting the capabilities of Elastic's EtherLoop to deliver interactive video services. This included 2 full MPEG-2 based Interactive Television systems.
· Attended strategic conferences in the video services industry (NAB, Western Cable Show, SUPERCOMM, etc.)Implemented advanced applications lab for product and interoperability testing, capable of testing up to 50 concurrent high bit-rate video streams over the Elastic EtherLoop transport on up to 6000 feet of telephone binder cable.
· Performed both in-house and on-site interoperability and performance testing with vendor partners and customers.
· Defined and drove product development of features and functions to support video delivery, including video streaming and IGMP/IP Multicast stream management.
· Developed and delivered presentation materials to customers for sales activities, and training of Elastic personnel on multimedia applications and Elastic product capabilities in these areas..
· Provided extensive trade show support including show planning, demonstration design and implementation.
IBM Corporation, Atlanta, GA
Application Marketing Specialist - Storage Systems Division, 1998 - 2000
Created brand awareness and adoption of IBM Hard Disk Drives in the digital media marketplace, including digital content creation, and video server and editing products. Joint marketing activities with 3rd party hardware/software vendors. Sales support through marketing deliverables, training, and customer calls. Press releases, press & consultant interviews, and web and presentation content. Produced marketing deliverables for web pages, presentations, application and technology papers, success stories, and demonstrations for NAB, COMDEX, etc.
MIS Manager- Interactive & New Media, 1997 - 1998
Managed 9 member team responsible for the Information Systems of the 400+ employees of the IBM Interactive & New Media group. NetWare and Windows NT PC Servers, RS/6000 and SP servers. Windows workstations, 75 Apple Macintosh desktops, and various other Linux, SGI, and Sun workstations. Networks included ATM backbone, Ethernet, Token-Ring, and T1 Internet connection. Managed and allocated over $1.5M capital budget.
Manager - Multimedia Server and Networking Solutions, 1995 - 1997
Provided consulting and integration services involving streaming video and audio servers, and other distributed multimedia application solutions. Included extensive marketing support for video server products of the IBM PC Company, Personal Software Products, and RS/6000 divisions, in addition to external customer engagements.
Advisory Marketing Support Representative - Multimedia Solutions, 1990 - 1994
Developed and implemented marketing programs for IBM Multimedia products. Developed and delivered product presentations & demonstrations. Presented at industry conference panels (COMDEX, COMMON, WIN-OS/2, ViEW), Executive Briefings, Business Partner and Customer updates, and industry trade shows.
IBM Corporation, Dallas, TX
Marketing Support Representative - Desktop Systems Support Center, 1984 - 1990
Provided national technical support for OS/2 Communications (LAN, SNA, 3270, Client/Server), involving installation and usage, Design Reviews, Critical Situations, Skills Transfer training presentations on IBM satellite television networks, and national IBM specialist and customer updates. Communications Manager Support Team Leader.
University of North Texas, Denton, TX
M.S., Computer Science, Minor: Music
University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA
B.A., Broadcasting & Film, Minor: Music
Copyright © 2010 Lawrence
All Rights Reserved.